hmmm...I love anything retro and my passions are my DH, my 2 cats, Crafting and scooters. My fave craft tool is my trusty Cricut so I decided to share my passion for my li'l bug with anyone else who can be bothered to read!

Saturday, 2 May 2009

Well, I finally managed to get another couple of cards made with my trusty steed today. I think I might call him Colin. A good, hearty name! These mega little birds were made with the same leaf cut from Accent Essentials as the Owl card I posted below. I cut the stalks to make a tiny beak and then added eyes and wings. The legs are just thin strips of card with ends frayed into 3 pieces and separated.
The flower is actually one of my Stackies - if you love
these you can win some of my BLOG CANDY here...

The card is a 5 x 7" and the border stamp is actually
from Blonde Moments which I've had for absolutely
ages and ages and ages....

This next one I didn't like at all but after a bit of tweaking and my trusty waterbrush pen I think I managed to rescue it! The lovely bootiful Owl is from Penny Black but here I've used a swirl from Accent Essentials again for the tree branches. I cut loads of these swirls all from white card and then whilst they were still stuck in the card and still on my mat I coloured them with my inkpads, let them dry and then peeled them off the mat - easier than putting different coloured card in and out of your machine, plus at the time I didnt have loads of coloured card with me. The flowers are a stamp which I got free from Stampin Up (mutter mutter)....


Here again I've used the same swirls
from Accent Essentials as flower fronds (love that word, LOL!) and this time I've gone for a more grungie distressed feel. Again my Stackies are the main feature and you can't really tell from the pic but the round green discs are Bazzill Boshers which I've doodled on. Then I overstamped the Best Wishes down the side, just in case the recipient can't read!!!!
LOL!















5 comments:

loopylou said...

omg!!! you busy bunny you!!! they are all gorgeous!!! love the little owl one, he's a cutie xx

jb said...

what is gbs---you say it a few times. judy

notquitemarthastewart said...

I love the little owl card, it's very gorg!!!

Veronica said...

I'd like to invite you to add your banner to our Digital Scrapbooking Topsite. It's free to sign up. Hope to see you there


Free Digital Scrapbooking

loranci said...

I love My Cricut spaces the why on top of her pedantic brick. Why does the added potato racket I love My Cricut? I love My Cricut alerts the defense below another wrath cave. Will I love My Cricut object past the hack constant?



colombian women